Thursday, March 15, 2007

My View on College

OK,

Before you haters™ dogpile on to™ much, I’ll explain the car thing.

I was going through that dot bomb phase of my life and I was pretty down (for me at least because I am generally an optimistic person™). I had heard of a seminar being promoted by a local guru™ that was about making an empire in real estate with no money down. It sounded interesting too™ me because of my natural entrepreneurial™ personality.

Since I was between jobs, the no money down part sounded perfect. The seminar™ by the local guru™ was to be out by Raley field in Old Sac. I was living near Natomas at the time so it was going to be about a 30 minute drive.

I accidentally overslept™ becasue I had been out at a late business meeting™ Friday. That made me hurry to get out door and I was driving a little to™ fast for the rainy streets. I was going to™ fast on the onramp to the freeway and slid sideways into a tree. My 1993 Kia was totalled. As for the insurance payment, I intended to pay it™ I event mailed the insurance company a note explaining my unemployed circumstance and promised that I would pay them every penny™ I owed.

I eventually paid the premium in 2005 with some of the cash back™ on one of my sweet deals™. I included a request that since I was paying my premium, would they be kind enough to reimburse me for the $3,225 in damage from the 2000 accident.

Someone at the insurance company must have been an early hater™ because they sent my check back uncashed (along with a note saying that since my policy had been cancelled for non-payment over 5 years ago there was no balance due).

So that should take care of explaining it.

On a positive note, I have been exchanging emails with my potential new business partner™ regarding the possible venture in the Simi Valley area. I will update as this progresses.

...

Um, anyone seen my blue ball™? It’s missing.